Jesus said that where two or more people are gathered in his name he is there with them (Matthew 18:20). When we gather to worship, we do not worship a God who is far off in the clouds. We worship a God who is in our midst. The King of all kings is present with us. How do we act? Let's just scratch the surface by looking at the songbook of the Bible... Psalms.
- Laughter & Fun (Psalm 126:1-3): Let laughter and joy be in worship. He restored us in Jesus. Celebrate that.
- Mercy (Psalm 6:9): We don't deserve it. But he gives it. Be thankful.
- Pleasure (Psalm 16:11): There is eternal pleasure in his presence. Enjoy Him. Bring on a party.
- Reverence & Wonder (Psalm 89:5-8): Before the awesome Creator of the Universe, we show respect.
- Humility (Psalm 5:5): We should not stand proud or arrogant before the Lord for anything we have done.
- Fear & Judgment (Psalm 119:120): We know our failings before the Lord and see the Almighty Judge
Come before Jesus in worship with Joy & Honor. Most importantly, when you are in worship remember: God is here. Present. How will you act in HIS presence? Allow your response to come from that knowledge. And honor Him with joy in that time.
worship Him 24/7...